THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- EFT Server 5 and ealier
- Secure FTP Server 3 and earlier
Note: EFT Server and EFT Server Enterprise version 6 do not require you to register the trial.
Server trial registration fails on Windows 2003
If the trial registration fails on Windows 2003, log in as a user with an account having administrator privileges instead of "Local System" privileges. The procedure to do this is as follows:
- Open the Windows Services dialog box (Start > Run > services.msc).
- Right-click GlobalSCAPE EFT Server or Secure FTP Server, then click Properties. The Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Log On tab.
- Click the This account option, and then click Browse to select a user account that has administrator privileges.
- Click OK, and then Stop and Restart the Service to effect the changes.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!