THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- EFT, v7.4.x and later
- Refer to the EFT v8 help installed with EFT for more information about upgrading and customizations in v8.
When upgrading from EFT v7.4.x to v8.x, does it keep my customizations?
- Customization refers to changes to functionality or interfaces.
- Branding refers to changing logos and color scheme to match company branding.
Going from v7.4.x to v8 is a MAJOR upgrade and EFT does NOT retain any WTC customizations or branding between major upgrades.
Going from 8.x to 8.y we should retain customizations or branding , provided they are done in an approved manner.
Customizations done by clients are not officially supported by Globalscape, as we have no say in how they were done or whether those observed best practices.
For any work performed (including but not limited to branding and customizations) by our Professional Services team on behalf of clients, please refer to the SOW executed for such work/services.
- Any work performed by Professional Services such as customizations, branding, Quick Starts, upgrades, and migration services is delivered “AS IS” once delivered and approved by the customer; there is no M&S on Professional Services work unless explicitly stated and agreed in a custom SOW.
- Deliverables are designed and guaranteed to work for a unique and specific EFT version and browser; it is not guaranteed that it will be compatible with newer EFT or browser versions. The client must validate and test any deliverables (e.g., branding or customizations) before any EFT upgrade. Any work requested to correct, upgrade/fix any deliverables for newer versions will require purchase of additional Professional Services.
Refer to https://kb.globalscape.com/Knowledgebase/11194/Upgrading-EFT-v7x-and-later for more information about upgrading EFT from v7.x to 8.x.