THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- CuteFTP® Home (All Versions)
- CuteFTP Pro® (All Versions)
When attempting a connection, the following error is encountered:
ERROR:> Can't initiate RAS connection.
ERROR:> Control connection closed.
There is a configuration error in the CuteFTP DUN/LAN settings area.
Follow these steps to resolve this error:
- On the Tools menu, click Global Options.
- Expand Connection and then click DUN/LAN.
- Click Connect to the Internet using a LAN. (Yes, click on it even though it is the only option available and it is already selected.)
- Click OK and then connect to the site.