THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- CuteFTP Pro®, v8.3.2 and earlier
- If you are using CuteFTP 8.3.3 or later, see related KB article ID 10606.
When attempting a connection using the SFTP protocol, the following error is encountered:
STATUS:> Getting listing ""...
STATUS:> Initializing SFTP21 module...
STATUS:> Connecting to SFTP server... 192.168.20.135:22 (ip = 192.168.20.135)...
ERROR:> The file being transferred in ASCII mode appears to be a Binary file. Proceed anyway?
ERROR:> Can't connect to 192.168.20.135:22. SFTP21 error = #0.
STATUS:> SFTP21 connection closed.
This error is the result of a timeout of an SFTP operation. The first line of error text is irrelevant and should be disregarded. There are two known possible causes for this error:
- This problem may be caused by a misconfigured firewall.
- This is a known problem when using CuteFTP versions 8.0.0 through 8.0.7 and attempting an SFTP connection to a server computer running Titan FTP Server. This issue was fixed in CuteFTP 8.1.
- Also see related SFTP21 error = #0. 0
- Check the firewall settings and ensure that port 22 is open and enabled for SFTP transfers.
- If you are connecting with a server computer running Titan FTP Server, update to CuteFTP 8.1 or greater.