THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
When moving an installation of EFT from staging to production, the biggest issue is moving the Event Rules.
When you do a Server Backup, all of the Event Rules are copied. Often, however, you don't want ALL of the Event Rules moved to production, just certain ones. With the import/export feature, you can export, as a JSON file, just the Event Rules that you want, edit them, if needed, and import
them into another EFT installation or Site (in the same version). Or perhaps you want to send the rule to a colleague or technical support for assistance. You can send someone the file, that person can review and edit as needed, and then send it back to you, and then you can import it.
- You can only export and import event rules within the same version of EFT. (Prior to v8, the event rule files were in XML format; in v8 and later, the export file is a JSON file.)
- You can import a JSON file of Event Rules that contain plain-text passwords. This change applies to all fields that use passwords. Plain-text passwords in the file must be bracketed by "".
- You can export one or more Advanced Workflows. Refer to "Exporting Advanced Workflows" in the EFT help documentation.
- If you are importing a "broken" Event Rule (for example, referring to an AWE task that does not exist), the rule will not import.
- You can also export/import Event Rules via COM- and REST API.
- You cannot import empty event rule folders.
Refer to the online help for your version of EFT for the procedure for exporting and importing event rules.