THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- CuteFTP Pro® all versions
- CuteFTP® Home all versions
How can I configure CuteFTP to open links on a remote server as virtual directories instead of trying to download them as folders?
What you are referring to are symbolic links. Symbolic links are similar to shortcuts, in that they point to items in other locations on a server. Use the procedure below to configure the way that CuteFTP handles symbolic links.
To configure link options
- On the main menu, click Tools, then click Global Options (or press ALT+F7).
- Expand the Navigation node, then click Links. The Links options appear.
- In the Server side link resolution area, ensure the Attempt link resolution using LIST-L command check box is not selected. Clearing the check box sends the LIST command to display the folder contents.
- Select the Always assume the link is a folder (don't attempt to resolve) check box to treat symbolic links as folders that you can double-click to see the folder's contents.
CuteFTP attempts to show the actual path of a file or folder link in the Remote pane, in the Name column. For example, a link to a file called archive.zip might display as .3/networks/bbs_info/archive.zip.
- Click OK to save changes and close the Global Options dialog box.
For more information, refer to Configuring How CuteFTP Handles Symbolic Links in the CuteFTP help.