THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- CuteFTP® Home (All Versions)
- CuteFTP Pro® (All Versions)
During an FTP session, the following error is encountered:
ERROR:> Can't read from data socket. Socket error = #10055.
An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full.
This error indicates a shortage of system resources. Contributing factors may include the number of programs running simultaneously, the amount of physical memory available, the size of the paging file and the amount of disk space available.
Performing one or more of these suggestions may resolve the error:
- Close any unneeded programs that may be running.
- Restart the computer to free up system resources.
- If applicable, clear out old or completed transfers that may be listed in CuteFTP's Queue window. To do so, right-click in the Queue window and then click Remove All.
- Limit the bandwidth used by CuteFTP. On the Tools menu click Global Options and then click Transfer. In the General area, change the Global Bandwidth Limit to 500 KB/s or less.
- Increase the available virtual memory by increasing the size of the Windows paging file.
- How to set performance options in Windows XP
- If you are using Windows Vista, open Performance Information and Tools by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Performance Information and Tools.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!