THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
PDFs in the EFT help occasionally:
- Causes the EFT administration interface to display an error, crash, or hang.
- Opens the PDF in the frame of the help file instead of the browser or PDF viewer.
Possible causes include:
- Using 32-bit PDF reader instead of 64-bit.
- Delay in opening PDF reader causes timeout.
- Unknown due to intermittent symptoms.
- When a message appears asking if you want to Open the PDF or Save, click Save to save in your downloads folder. Then open the PDF in your viewer of choice.
- Most modern browsers can open PDF files. On the EFT computer, you can change the default app to open PDF files in your browser. (Settings > Default apps).
- If there is a delay in opening the PDF, give it extra time. Don't double-click or try to open other things in help or in EFT.
- Look at the Performance Monitor tab in the Task Manager (Search > Task Manager) to see if this issue is a memory issue. If so, try closing other windows or pause/stop services that are running that you don't currently need.