THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)is a centralized communications system designed to replace costly PBX phone systems in Enterprise environments through a VOIP implementation. Backups in this system are performed via SFTP and some clients are not prepared for this need when preparing their DR strategy for CUCM.
Globalscape is been a preferred solution for CUCM backups with our low-cost EFT SMB solution to allow backup of this business critical service.
Once EFT has been installed on a server and the product and SFTP module have been activated, upon initial login the New Site wizard will guide you through the setup of a Site followed by New User Creation wizard. Installation and configuration details can be found in the EFT WebHelp. Refer to "Installing EFT, Administration Interface, and Modules," "Defining Connections to EFT" to install and configure the system, if necessary, but installation and configuration wizards walk your through the process fairly quickly and intuitively.
Steps for configuring CUCM for use with EFT SMB and SFTP module
- Log in to CUCM Administration.
- In the Navigation menu in the upper-right corner, click Disaster Recovery System and then click Go.
- Log in to the Disaster Recovery System by using the same administrator username and password that you use for Cisco Unified Communications Operating System administration.
- Click Backup > Backup Device. The Backup Device List window appears.
- Click Add New, and then provide the name of the of the Backup Device.
- Click Destination area: Network Directory. (Stores the backup file on a network drive that is accessed through an SFTP connection. DRS only supports SFTP servers that are configured with an IPv4 address or hostname/Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).)
- Provide the following required information:
Once all the information is provided, click Save. The CUCM will then attempt to connect and login to EFT (the SFTP server) to verify access.
- Server name: Name or IP address of the network server
- Path name: Path name for the directory where you want to store the backup file (Use \ to traverse directories)
- User name: Valid username for an account on the remote system
- Password: Valid password for the account on the remote system
- Number of backups to store on Network Directory: The number of backups to store on this network directory.