THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- CuteFTP Pro® and Home, all versions
One or more options missing from the Folder Tools submenu; in its place is No plug-in tools, which appears dimmed (grayed out).
To resolve this issue
- Exit CuteFTP, if it is running and stop the Transfer Engine (TE):
- CTRL+ALT+DELETE, then click Start Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, click "ftpte.exe," then click End Process.
- So that you don't lose your Site connection data, find the sm.dat file and copy it to a location where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
- In Windows XP, the default location is C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\(show hidden files) Application Data\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP(or CuteFTP Pro)\Version#.
- In Windows Vista and Windows 7, the default location is C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData(You will need to show the hidden files)\Roaming\GlobalSCAPE \CuteFTP\Version#.
- Uninstall CuteFTP using Window's Add and Remove Programs tool:
- Click Start > Run > appwiz.cpl.
- Right-click CuteFTP, then click Uninstall.
- In the InstallShield wizard, click Remove.
- After CuteFTP is removed, remove the CuteFTP folder in C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\(show hidden files) Application Data\GlobalSCAPE\.
- Ensure that the CuteFTP folder is also deleted from C:\Program Files\GlobalSCAPE.
- Empty the Recycle bin and then restart the computer.
- Your computer should now be completely clear of all versions of CuteFTP that you had installed. Now you can download CuteFTP from the following link and install it using your serial number: Replacement Software | Globalscape (Be sure to download the version for which you have a license. If you plan to upgrade, install your licensed version first.)
- After you install CuteFTP, import the Site Manager data (sm.dat) file that you saved in step 2 above.
- Click Tools > Site Manager > Import/Export FTP Sites.
- In the Import/Export wizard, click Import, then click Next.
- In the drop-down list, click CuteFTP 4.0-6.0 (sm.dat), then click Next.
- Follow the remaining prompts in the wizard to complete the import.
- Configure CuteFTP's Global Options (Log, Proxy, Security, Transfer, Navigation, and Display settings), if necessary.
- Attempt to connect to your FTP site to verify that installation and configuration is complete.
Refer to the following online help topics for more information:
- Importing Sites
- Exporting Sites
- Global Options