THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- CuteFTP Pro® 8.3.3 or later
When attempting a connection using the SFTP protocol, an error similar to the following occurs:
STATUS:> [8/10/2010 4:06:28 PM] Getting listing ""...
STATUS:> [8/10/2010 4:06:28 PM] Resolving host name sftp.examplehost.com...
STATUS:> [8/10/2010 4:06:28 PM] Host name sftp.examplehost.com resolved: ip = 127.9.9.91.
STATUS:> [8/10/2010 4:06:28 PM] Connecting to SFTP server... sftp.examplehost.com:22 (ip = 127.9.9.91)...
ERROR:> [8/10/2010 4:06:30 PM] Can't connect to sftp.xxxxx.com:22. SFTP21 error = #0. 0
STATUS:> [8/10/2010 4:06:30 PM] SFTP21 connection closed
Double-check the username and password. If in doubt, contact the SFTP Server administrator or the company that is hosting the SFTP server so that the username/password on your account can be reset. (GlobalSCAPE Support does not have this information.)
If you have previously configured CuteFTP Pro to use more than one public key, ensure that the correct public key for this site is selected in the CuteFTP Pro SSH2 security settings area.
If the remote FTP site is expecting a password in addition to a public key, ensure that option is enabled in the CuteFTP Pro SSH2 security settings area.
Ensure that the user account on the remote FTP server is configured with List and Show in List permissions.
MORE INFORMATION/POSSIBLE CAUSES
This error can be caused by any of the following:
- The SFTP Server may be rejecting the username/password combination that is being submitted to it.
- CuteFTP Pro may be providing the server with the wrong public key.
- The remote FTP site may be expecting a password in addition to the public key.
- The user may not have sufficient account privileges on the remote server.
- CuteFTP Pro’s newer SSH library (implemented in 8.3.3) may not be compatible with the SFTP server. Contact the Server Administrator to find out which software/version the SFTP server is running, then contact GlobalSCAPE Technical Support with this information.