THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- CuteFTP Home7
- CuteFTP Pro® 7
When starting CuteFTP 7, the following error is encountered:
Incompatible Site Manager format. Do you want to create a new Site Manager and backup the old one?
That error may be encountered if the user has installed CuteFTP 8.0.0 but then decides to return to using CuteFTP 7. The CuteFTP 8.0.0 installer has caused CuteFTP 7 to be incorrectly configured to use the CuteFTP 8 Site Manager data file.
The root cause of this problem has been fixed in CuteFTP 8.0.1 which was released August 17, 2006.
Configure CuteFTP 7 so that it uses the correct Site Manager data file as follows:
- At the error prompt, press CTRL + ALT + DEL to start Windows Task Manager.
- On the Applications tab, select the CuteFTP task and then click End Task.
- Close Task Manager.
- Remove CuteFTP.
- When finished removing CuteFTP, follow these steps to delete the incompatible Site Manager data file(s):
- Start Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP(or CuteFTP Pro)\7.0\
- If you cannot find the path specified, then your computer may be configured such that hidden and system folders and files are not shown. In that case, follow these steps to access the correct folder:
- Click Start, click Run, type %AppData% and then click OK.
- Open the GlobalSCAPE folder, open the CuteFTP Home (or Pro) folder and then open the folder named 7.0 or 8.0 as appropriate.
- If it exists, move the file named sm.dat to another folder such as your desktop.
- Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP(or CuteFTP Pro)\8.0\
- If it exists, delete the file in that folder named sm.dat.
- Install CuteFTP 7.
- When finished installing CuteFTP 7, you can import a previously saved backup of the Site Manager data file (sm.dat) into the newly created CuteFTP 7 Site Manager as follows:
- Locate a backup copy of sm.dat.
- Start CuteFTP.
- On the Tools menu click Site Manager, then click Import FTP Sites and follow the onscreen instructions. If you need help, press F1 for Help.
If no backup Site Manager data file exists, then your sites in the Site Manager will need to be recreated. If you do not have the login information needed to access your FTP sites then you will need to contact the administrator for the particular FTP site you wish to connect with.