THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- CuteFTP Home (All versions)
- CuteFTP Pro® (All versions)
I selected about 30,000 files and clicked the upload button. Now I've lost control of CuteFTP. When I display the transfer queue or the CuteFTP interface it just hangs and can't even paint the client area. No files are being transferred, but CPU is being used. All I want to do is reset the queue so I can get control back. How can I do this if the transfer queue hangs every time I try to display it?
This can happen if several thousand files are selected and then a transfer is initiated. Preparing that many files for transfer may take a very long time.
To clear the CuteFTP transfer queue:
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL and then click Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, click cuteftppro.exe (or cuteftp.exe) and then click End Process. You may be presented with a warning about stopping the process. Click Yes to end the process.
- Click ftpte.exe and then click End Process. Again, if you receive a warning screen, click Yes to end the process.
- Close the Task Manager.
- Click Start, click Run, type %AppData% and then click OK. (See note below)
- Open the GlobalSCAPE folder, open the CuteFTP Home (or Pro) folder and then open the folder named 7.0.
- Rename CIS_Queue.dat to CIS_Queue.dat.broken
- Restart CuteFTP.
Depending on your operating system, the path to the CuteFTP application data files may differ:
- In Windows XP Pro, the path is by default: %AppData%\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP Home (or Pro)\7.0
- In Windows 95 & 98 the path is: %WinDir%\Application Data\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP Home (or Pro)\7.0