THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- CuteFTP Home (All Versions)
- CuteFTP Pro® (All Versions)
To return CuteFTP to its original default settings you will need to remove and then reinstall the program.
- If you no longer have the original CuteFTP setup file, browse to http://www.globalscape.com/support/reg.aspx and download the applicable version of CuteFTP Home or Professional. Older versions of CuteFTP can be found in the list near the bottom of the page. Save the downloaded file to a convenient place such as your desktop.
- Backup your existing Site Manager.
In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs, select CuteFTP and then click Remove. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Double-click the setup file downloaded in Step 1 and follow the onscreen instructions to install CuteFTP.
- Start CuteFTP.
- On the Help menu click Backup Personal & Registration data and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Close CuteFTP.
When you start CuteFTP for the first time the setting under Global Options will have been reset to the factory defaults but your Site Manager entries and any site-specific options should be intact. If they are not, then you can import them from the backup saved in Step 2 above.
To import Site Manager data, on the Tools menu click Site Manager, then click Import FTP Sites and follow the instructions.