THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- EFT Server version 6.x installed on Windows 2008 with IIS 7
You are installing the Secure Ad Hoc Transfer (SAT) module on a computer with IIS 7 and you experience one of the following problems:
- The Configure IIS page of the installer does not display the available IIS Web Sites.
- You receive a 50x error after the installer is finished and the EFTAdhoc page is launched.
You are unable to transfer files larger than 30 MB.
In SAT version 3, in addition to verifying the prerequisite role services are enabled, if EFT Server and IIS are NOT running on the same computer, copy EFT Server's settings.config file into the SATScripts folder after installing EFT Server and SAT.
To make the SAT module work with Microsoft IIS 7, you will need to edit some settings in Windows 2008/IIS and SAT's configuration file.
1. Verify the prerequisite role services are enabled
Open the Server Manager. (Click Start > Administrative Tools > Server Manager.
In the left pane, click Roles, and then in the right pane, click Add Role Services.
Expand the Application Development Features node, and select the following check boxes:
Expand the Management Tools > IIS 6 Management Compatibility node and select the following check boxes:
Expand the Common Http Features node and select the following check boxes:
Expand the Security node and select the following check boxes:
The illustration below shows the necessary features enabled:
2. Override IIS's maximum transfer limit
IIS 7 uses a configuration file, ApplicationHost.config (in %windir%\System32\inetsrv\config\). Inserting the tags below will allow IIS 7 to transfer files larger than 30 MB. (Make a backup of the file before making changes to it.)
To edit the web.config file
- Open IIS 7's ApplicationHost.config file in a text editor.
- Scroll to the appropriate section of the file and add the following text:
<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="2147483648" />
- Save and close the file.
For more information about requestFiltering and other IIS settings, refer to the MSDN article IIS 7.0: requestLimits Element for requestFiltering (IIS Settings Schema).
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!