THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
Advanced Workflow Engine (AWE) for EFT Enterprise provides an expanded ability to automate tasks within EFT Event Rules, with an extended list of built-in actions as well as providing for more complex logic when required. Sample AWE tasks are provided automatically upon creation of a first or subsequent Site within the EFT implementation. However, for some customers who have or intend to roll out many Sites, this may not be as helpful as for others.
The mechanism by which EFT provisions the duplicates of the sample AWE tasks for a newly provisioned Site is to check the AWE subfolder under the EFT configuration directory for task files found there whose name begins with "Sample" and create new copies of those files for the new Site. The default path is C:\ProgramData\Globalscape\EFT Enterprise\AWE, but may vary depending on the version of the operating system on which EFT is installed, and it is a configurable option upon installation that may have been customized. It may also be desirable to remove unused duplicate Sample tasks among the Sites.
1) PREVENT FUTURE DUPLICATION
To prevent EFT from duplicating the Sample tasks for each new Site created in EFT, simply move the Sample tasks to any other folder. The recommended choice is a subfolder called Samples into which you would move those Sample task files. Sample task files begin with the word "Sample" (e.g., "Sample - Date Format Functions.aml") and have no Site name prefix.
The following steps reflect default paths. After completion, any new Site created will no longer be provisioned with a duplicate copy of the Sample files.
- In Windows Explorer, go to C:\ProgramData\Globalscape\EFT Enterprise\AWE.
- Select all of the Sample task files (Press CTRL+X or right click + Cut).
- Create a new subfolder called "Samples": C:\ProgramData\Globalscape\EFT Enterprise\AWE\Samples.
- Paste the previously cut Sample task files into that subfolder.
2) CLEANUP PREVIOUS UNNEEDED SAMPLES
For any existing Site(s) within EFT there is a collection of Sample AWE tasks for you to use as templates/examples for your own tasks. If those tasks are not in use and you want to remove them, it is recommended to remove them from within the EFT administration tool, not in Windows Explorer. (However, there is no harm in leaving them there, in case you want to use one of them as a template later on.)
- On the Server tab, under the applicable Site (e.g. “MySite”), expand the Advanced Workflows node.
- Click to select the specific Advanced Workflow task to remove.
- In the right pane, click Remove.
- In the confirmation prompt that appears, click Yes. The workflow task is removed.