THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- EFT Server, version 6.0 and later
Can I convert an EFT Server certificate to PFX format?
In the EFT Server administration interface, you can create an SSL Certificate with a PFX-format Private Key. However, if you want to convert an existing non-PFX certificate to PFX format, you can do so in OpenSSL using the procedure below.
- Download the windows OpenSSL command line utility:
Win32 OpenSSL v1.0.0f Light >
If you have issues installing or running it, check the site http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html. There are various C++ libraries that may be necessary.
- Verify operation by executing <install dir>OpenSSL\Bin\openssl.exe
at a command prompt:
- Copy your private key (*.key) and certificate (*.crt) to
the /Bin directory.
- Execute the following command to combine the .KEY and CRT
files into a PFX:
openssl pkcs12 -export -out certificate.pfx -inkey clientkey.key -in clientcert.crt
- When prompted, provide the passphrase for your KEY file
and also a new passphrase for the new PFX file.
Refer to Knowledge Base article #10401 - Using OpenSSL to Generate/Convert Keys and Certificates for more
information regarding using the OpenSSL command-line tool to generate
and convert private keys and public certificates.