THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- EFT Server version 4 and later
- EFT v4.x to v7.4.x stores advanced properties in the registry.
- EFT v8.x stores Advanced Properties in a JSON file.
- When you upgrade from EFT v7.4.x to EFT v8, the non-default settings that you have defined in the registry will be added to the Advanced Properties file during upgrade. (Default settings are part of the EFT configuration files.)
Please refer to the EFT help for a spreadsheet of advanced properties for your version of EFT.
This registry key determines whether EFT Server checks for the "Delete" permission when a client uploads a file.
- If this setting is not present and/or set to zero, when a connecting client uploads a file, EFT Server checks only for Upload permission. If a file already exists with the same name, it will be overwritten.
- If this registry setting is present and non-zero, then EFT Server determines if an upload will delete (overwrite) an existing file. If a file already exists, EFT Server does an additional check for Delete permission.
On 32-bit systems:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GlobalSCAPE Inc.\EFT Server 4.0\Config\]
On 64-bit systems:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\GlobalSCAPE Inc.\EFT Server 4.0\Config\]
(DWORD: if non-zero value, EFT Server checks if client has Delete permission.)