THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
How can WAFS/CDP benefit my organization?
WAFS and CDP have been successfully deployed in numerous organizations, achieving the following benefits:
- Small, easy-to-configure software solution (no additional hardware required)
- Optimizes the network by actually decreasing the overall network traffic
- Changes are instantly mirrored in real time between servers, and files are truly local
- Users access the most up-to-date files at LAN speeds
- Maximize productivity by transporting files, not people, and save on travel expenses
- File versioning allows you to restore an accidentally deleted file in minutes
- Maintains file coherence with real-time file locking support so users can be assured they are always working on the most current version and rework is virtually eliminated
- Drive lettering is kept consistent at each local site. Applications that require full-paths, such as AutoCAD Xrefs, can interact with files mirrored by GlobalSCAPE WAFS without error.
For real-world examples of how GlobalSCAPE customers are using WAFS in their organizations, review the case studies available at Case Studies | Globalscape.