THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- All products when running on Windows 7 or Windows Vista
ACTIVATION OR REGISTRATION ON WINDOWS 7 OR WINDOWS VISTA
All GlobalSCAPE programs must be installed by a user that has administrator account credentials. Additionally, successful activation (registration) for most* programs requires that the program itself be started using administrator account credentials.
To activate the program on Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
- Close the program if it is already running.
- Click Start, click All Programs, click GlobalSCAPE, click on the name of the program (e.g.: CuteFTP Home) and then right-click on the name of the program shortcut.
- Click Run as administrator.
- Windows Vista User Account Controls (UAC) will ask for permission to continue. If you are using a Standard User account, then you must provide an administrator account user name and password.
- Click OK or Continue to start the program.
- For most programs, click Enter Serial Number and then follow the onscreen instructions. (If you are not prompted for the serial number when the program starts, open the Help menu and click Enter Serial Number or Register your purchased copy.
- After the program starts for the first time, close and then restart it from the Start menu. To confirm a successful activation, open the Help menu and click About. Your name and serial number should be displayed.
* CuteFTP 4.2, CuteFTP 7 and CuteZIP 2 are known exceptions.
- CuteFTP 4.2: Cannot be activated on Windows 7 or Windows Vista and will not run beyond the 30-day trial period. Registered users may be eligible to upgrade to CuteFTP 8 Home or CuteFTP 8 Professional at a reduced price.
- CuteFTP 7: Separate activation is required for each computer user. Administrator credentials should not be used for activation. For each user, Start CuteFTP 7 normally, click Enter Serial Number and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- CuteZIP 2: Follow the same steps as for all other programs shown above except that you must first log on to Windows using an Administrator User account.