THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
EFT Server configuration settings and user accounts missing.
A potential cause for this type of problem may be that more than one administrator is connecting to and configuring the server simultaneously.
To prevent possible conflicts, limit the number of concurrent administrative connections by taking the following steps:
Caution: The following steps involve editing the Windows registry on the server computer. Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. These instructions are intended for the advanced user who is prepared to both edit and restore the registry. We recommend that you backup the registry on the server computer before proceeding.
- Start Registry Editor on the server computer and navigate to the following subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GlobalSCAPE Inc.\EFT Server 4.0
- Right-click on the subkey, click New and then click DWord Value.
- Name the new entry MaxAdminConnectionCount.
- Right-click on the newly created entry and click Modify.
- Set the value to 1 to limit the number of concurrent logons to one. (Recommended)
- A value of 0 will permit an unlimited number of Administrator logons. (Not recommended)