This article applies to:
CuteFTP can no longer access the Internet after installing Norton Antivirus 2005
Start Norton AntiVirus and add a new program rule to allow CuteFTP.
To add a new program rule using the Add button, please follow these steps:
· Start Norton AntiVirus. If Norton AntiVirus is installed as part of Norton SystemWorks or Norton Internet Security, then start that program.
· Click Options. Click Norton AntiVirus if you see a menu.
· On the left pane, select Internet Worm Protection.
· On the right pane, click Program Control.
· Click Add.
· Locate the program executable for the program that is having the problem.
· At the next dialog box, from the dropdown menu, click Permit.
· Click OK.
What Internet Worm Protection does:
Norton Internet Worm Protection is a firewall that protects your computer from incoming Internet traffic. If you have a program that receives data from the Internet, then by default, Internet Worm Protection blocks the incoming traffic, unless you create a rule to allow the program.