THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- EFT Server, all versions
- Secure FTP Server, all versions
- Cannot import Verisign certificates
- Secure FTP Server or Enhanced File Transfer Server does not recognize a Verisign certificate
- You see an error message such as "You have provided invalid security information for (site name)"
You may be exporting the wrong certificate.
- Open the Microsoft Management Console, and inspect the .cer file.
- Verisign nests its certificates. The certificate that should be exported is actually nested underneath one typically labeled "www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign."
- Do NOT export the certificate labeled "www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign."
- Export the nested certificate.
Note: For more information on using the Microsoft Management Console and importing/exporting certificates see Importing certificates from Microsoft IIS 5 in the online help.