THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
EFT does not use its cookies for anything related to PII/PD or for the purpose identifying users or tracking their behavior.
- csrftoken (previously token) - used as part of our double cookie submit CSRF prevention
- downloadsession - used in the direct download workflow
- mfatoken (previously loginsession) - used for login workflows that use multi-factored authentication (radius, etc.)
- passresetsession - used when resetting password
- passchangesession - used when requesting a change password (comes before reset)
- samlssologgedout - SAML-logout related
- savedpath - used to save folder listing context in certain workflows for WTC (allows WTC to drop you into proper location after certain actions)
- switchtoptc - legacy, used to switch to non-js version of web client
- twspath - used for directory look-up in certain circumstances using workspaces
- usewtc - used to prevent obsolete clients
- websessionid - holds session information after logging into the WTC, used for authentication
Purely client side:
- currentSort - keeps track of sorting of the file listing
- i18next - keeps track of localization (language) information
- saveDir - keeps track of the last visited directory*
- showThumbnails - keeps track of thumbnail option selection
- showSiteInitPopups - determines if initial toast (popup) notification should be shown that outlines current browser limitations
- tosAccepted - keeps track if a user has accepted the TOS to prevent it from appearing every time (if using TOS system + unless specifically set to show every time)
- UserChosenDefaultLoggingLevel - keeps track of user set logging level
- variant - handles context for portals in various situations
*It may be possible but is highly unlikely that folders are named by users in a way that either leaks confidential data or constitutes PII; however, it could be argued that the benefits of recalling the user’s current directory between login session far outweighs the small risk that a folder’s naming convention violates company policy.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!