THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
Mail Express Server cannot connect to the GlobalSCAPE Registration Server.
Either the Mail Express Server is not connected to the Internet or connects to the Internet through a proxy.
If you must go through a proxy to access the Internet, Mail Express Server will most likely fail to contact the registration server. To resolve the issue, you must edit a configuration file to specify the proxy information.
To edit the configuration file
- On the Mail Express Server, open \conf\MailExpressServerService.conf in a text editor.
- Locate the "Additional Java Parameters" section.
- Add the following lines to the section:
wrapper.java.additional.5=-Dhttp.proxyHost=<Proxy host or IP>
Where <Proxy host or IP> is the hostname or IP address of the proxy server and <Proxy port> is the port to use on the proxy server.
- Restart the Mail Express Server.
- Proceed with registration.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!