THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- EFT version 6.1 and later
Can I use the old HTML Listing and Upload form (Plain-Text Client) from Secure FTP Server?
Yes, you have two methods.
- Force all clients at the server level through a registry entry.
- Modify the URL at the client level so that individual users can access the legacy interface.
To force all clients to use the legacy Plain Text Client (PTC 1.0), create the DWORD plain_text_client at the following registry location:
32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GlobalSCAPE Inc.\EFT Server 4.0\EFTClient\
64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\GlobalSCAPE Inc.\EFT Server 4.0\EFTClient\
- If the DWORD value is 1 = PTC1.0(Legacy) will be used.
- If the DWORD value is missing or 2 = PTC2.0
In version 6.2.0 and later, if you want to use version 1 of the PTC arbitrarily, do the following:
- Log into the web interface using your credentials.
- Delete any other parameters after the URL in the address bar.
- Add /?html immediately at the end of the URL. https://eftserver.mysite.com/?html
Below is an example of the "legacy" PTC:
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!