THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- EFT Server version 4.x and later and EFT Server Enterprise version 6 and later
EFT Server stores its configuration information in the Windows Registry, which contains profiles for each user of the computer and information about system hardware, installed programs, and property settings. EFT Server modifies the system registry as needed, and continually references this information during operation.
To add a key to the registry, you can either edit it directly or create and execute a .reg file. When you add or edit these registry keys, you will need to restart EFT Server.
If the registry key name that you are looking for does not appear in this list, use the Knowledgebase search function to search for the name, in case the article hasn't been added to this list yet.
These options are for advanced users only. Incorrectly editing the registry can severely damage your system. You should always back up (export a copy of) the registry before you make any changes to it.
Some paths include an EFT version number, such as \EFT Server 3.0\ or \EFT Server 7.2\. Do NOT change the path to match your version of EFT Server.
The registry keys described at the links below are available in EFT Server for advanced system administration.
- #10076: Server service will not start (ImagePath)
- #10220: Monitor Folder Event Rule triggering an SFTP offload can cause files to be created in the monitored folder, then some (or none) of the intended files are offloaded. (ASCIIFileExts and DefaultTransferType)
- #10023: Changing the ping interval (gw_keepalive)
- #10262: Adding tenth column to the CL log (Enable10ColumnInClientLog)
- #10270: Changing the load order of the server service (ServiceGroupOrder)
- #10371: How can I display more than 499 files or folders in the WTC? (use_registry)
- #10438: Tuning Windows for TCP-IP
- #10470: WTC Customizations (EFTClient)
- #10478: Copy/Move Event Rule with *.* wildcard does not generate an error if no files exist (WildcardFailMode)
- #10485: Override Outbound on Listen IP (LegacyListenIP)
- #10486: LDAP "Groups Lost" Fix (UserDatabaseSynchronizationMode and IgnoreZeroUsersResult)
- #10487: Pass the Client's IP Address to the Authentication Request (PasswordContainsClientIP)
- #10488: Sending EFT Server's Logs to the Windows Application Event Log (LogToWindowsEventViewer)
- #10489: Buffered CFG Writes (UseBufferedArchiveWriter)
- #10490: Enable Oracle (DBType)
- #10491: Ignore Active Directory Home Directories (IgnoreADHomeDirs)
- #10492: ClientFTP.DLL Enable Logging Override (EnableLogging)
- #10493: Disable COMB Command (DisableCOMBCommand)
- #10494: Redirect Custom Command Output to Connected FTP Clients (FileUploadEventResult)
- #10495: Folder Monitor Change Filter Override (FolderMonitorFilterValue)
- #10496: HTTP Engine Use Server Time Zone (UseServerTimeZone)
- #10497: Legacy SMTP Send Behavior (LegacySMTPSendBehavior)
- #10498: Maintain Password History for "Change Password" Validation (PasswordHistoryLimit)
- #10499: ODBC Auth Manager (EnableODBCSettingsLevelField)
- #10500: Upload Throttling (UploadsPerClient and UploadsPerClientInterval)
- #10501: HTTP->HTTPS Redirection (RedirectHTTPtoHTTPS)
- #10502: Reverse Banned File Logic (RestrictionByFileNameOnUpload)
- #10503: EFT Server Transfer Engine Stub (PASVMode)
- #10504: Web Transfer Client Session Timeout (WTCTimeout)
- #10505: Overriding the Hard-Coded Location of Web Transfer Client Files (path to WTC files)
- #10506: Enable Alternative Permission Logic (UplReqDel)
- #10508: Kill EAS Service on Startup (KillEASServersAtStartup)
- #10509: Specify Location of FTP.CFG (Path=<path_to_config_file>)
- #10516: Turning On/Off the Change Password Feature for AD/LDAP Users in the Web Transfer Client (PasswordChg_NTADLDAP)
- #10537: Allow Server to Accept ODBC Database Passwords that are MD5 Hashed (UseMD5PasswordHash)
- #10553: Web Services Timeout Setting (WebServiceTimeout)
- #10575: Enabling OpenPGP Signature Requirement (PGPVerifySignature)
- #10579: How does EFT Server determine a file's age for the Event Rule file cleanup? (CleanupDateType)
- #10581: Advanced Workflows affect system performance (RunningTaskLimit and GSAWEObjectsPerServerInstance)
- #10594: Could not send “On Error” email for AWE action; default mail server not defined (TaskService)
- #10601: Can I specify the system type so that I can switch from UNIX to Windows NT? (FTPSYSTResponse)
- #10604: Editing the EFT Server Registry Entries on a 64-bit Operating System
- #10626: Long Delay When Returning Directory Listing in EFT Server (LegacyDirListBehavior)
- #10627: Overriding the default time to execute an ARM report (DBTimeout)
- #10648: Folder monitor rules randomly stop working (Windows OS keys)
- #10659: Changing of user password not allowed on LDAP Site if the Site is hosted on a foreign domain (ChangePassByAD)
- #10660: Make the authentication manager read from disk instead of internal memory for load balancing (ReloadAUDOnSync)
- #10661: Disabling the SQL log auto-import function in ARM (DisableARMFileImporter)
- #10662: Use the Apache HTTP client instead of the default JSE HTTP client library (WTC) (use_JSE_HTTP_Client)
- #10669: Reverting to v6.2 Folder Monitor algorithm (FolderMonitorUseIOCP)
- #10681: Changing the amount of time EFT Server waits between reconnect attempts (FolderMonitorWaitBeforeReconnect)
- #10682: Changing the amount of time EFT Server waits for the notification from Windows when a Folder Monitor health check file is created (FolderMonitorHealthCheckTimeout)
- #10683: Force use of Web Transfer Client for browser-based uploads (disable use of PTC) (applet_only)
- #10692: Folder Monitor Interactive Login Override (FolderMonitorUseNonInteractiveLogon)
- #10693: Ignore Client Certificate Requests During SSL Handshake (IgnoreClientCertificateRequests)
- #10696: Enforcing only one health check on Folder Monitor Event Rules (FirstHealthCheckOnly)
- #10705: Uploads to EFT Server fail if file with same name exists during RENAME operation (ReplaceExistingOnRename)
- #10706: EFT Server is unable to upload or download a file to a subfolder (RemoveLeadingSlash)
- #10707: FTPS file transfers fail (SterlingConnectServerCCCLogic)
- #10708: Disable auto redirection to HTTPS for login and account management (DisableHTTPAccountSecurity)
- #10861: Set Event Rule Timer Stack Size (TimerStackSize)
- #10872: Controlling the filename and frequency for creation of a new PGP log file (PGPLogSuffixTemplate)
- #10873: Disable X-frame options for WTC and PTC (disable_xframeoptions)
- #10877: Cannot create new Event Rule after upgrading (IPRulesLimit)
- #10878: Changing the PGP Timeout (PGPTaskExecutionTimeout)
- #10910: Transform incoming file names from ASCII to UTF8 and outgoing filenames from UTF8 to ASCII (ForceASCIIinSFTP)
- #11005: AD users are able to delete virtual folders (AllowDeleteVFSFolders)
- #11009: The Logs folder fills quickly with log files (EnableXferLog)
- #11010: Connection problems when attempting outbound SFTP (WaitForServerVersion and DelayBeforeVersionString)
- #11012: Specifying an Alternate Reporting Connection String (ReportsConnectionString)
- #11032: Edit the number of days and frequency to send notifications (PasswordChg_EmailInterval)
- #11033: HTTP Request Logging (log_request)
- #11034: Using the Custom User Details Fields in HTTP Headers (enable_x_headers)
- #11035: Single Sign-On Support for the WTC (enable_iwa, use_registry)
- #11036: Changing the Number of Concurrent Threads Used by Event Rules (MaxNumberConnections)
- #11092: Configuring SFTP cipher/mac algorithms for EFT outbound connections in the registry
- #11099: Adjusting the ARM Queue Behavior (ARMLogMinStalledThreads, ARMQueueSize, ARMLogStalledThreadMinDuration)
- #11120: Does EFT Server allow multipart transfers (COMB)? (MultipartValue, EnableMultipart)
- #11135: PTC file downloads over SSL (HTTPS) do not work with the cache control headers in IE8 (BypassHTTPNoCacheCheck, BypassSSLNoCacheCheck)
- #11172: Enabling FIPS-Compliant Mode for OpenPGP (OpenPGPFIPSCompliantAlgorithmsOnly)
- #11175: Load balanced Folder Monitor events fail to process files in an HA clustered environment (FileInfoCacheLifetime, FileNotFoundCacheLifetime, DirectoryCacheLifetime)
- #11189: Does EFT support older SFTP clients that don't provide for Keyboard Interactive Authentication (AllowMethodKIA)
- #11192: Keep source file after transfer skipped (EnableOldSkipBehavior)
- #11198: EFT v7.1.1 and later OpenSSL Registry Overrides - Used to override the global SSL settings
- #11200: Unable to use backslashes (\) as directory separator in paths; 501 Syntax error in parameters or arguments (ReplaceBackslashWithSlashInPathsForFTP, ReplaceBackslashWithSlashInPathsForSFTP) - Replace backslashes (\) in paths with forward slashes (/)
- #11225: Node-specific IP address on HA site (ListenIPs) - Use node-specific IP addresses mapped to EFT sites for HA with the following registry string on each site
- #11239: EFT v7.2 Advanced Properties (AutobanSensitivityLevelForAdminConnections) - Sets the flood/hammer auto-ban sensitivity level for admin connections; (CloseFinishedItemLog) - Enable or disable removal of successful client logs; (CompressActionProcessorAffinityMask) - Sets the processor affinity mask for de/compression threads; (CompressActionThrottle) - Avoid excessive CPU utilization on machines with limited CPU bandwidth; (CompressActionTimeout) - sets the timeout in seconds for the de/compression action: (DecompressActionBeginFileTimeout) - sets the timeout in milliseconds for the first BeginFile callback during decompression: (DecompressActionScanTimeout) - sets the timeout in milliseconds for a decompression action scan operation; (EnableClientLogging) - Enable or disable client logs; (ExecuteTransferActionsInParallel) - Specifies whether to run a group (grouped by IF Statement) of Transfer Actions in parallel (FixDoubleSlashInPathsForFTP) - Specifies whether to treat double slash as a single one in path arguments of FTP commands.; (ExcludeVFolderInQuotaCalc) - Registry override to Exclude Virtual Folders from Quota Calculation
- #11260: Changing the path to the shared configuration folder for EFT with HA (SharedConfigurationPath) - Change the path to the shared configuration folder for EFT in HA mode
- #11263: Timer event rules skip their scheduled execution time due to delays caused by the retry logic of ClientFTP (SerialRetriesWhenUsingSameConnectionSettings) - Enable or disable legacy ClientFTP logic
- #11266: Enable or Disable Diffie-Hellman-group1-sha1 KEX for SFTP (SFTPEnableGroup1Kex) - Enable the Diffie-Hellman-group1-sha1 KEX for SFTP (not recommended)
- #11267: Enable authentication by Site's authentication manager and then RSA/RADIUS authentication (UseAuthManagerWithMultiStep) - Specifies the challenge text to display after succeeding with authentication manager authentication, prompting user for RSA/RADIUS input.
- #11327: TLS Resumption Compatibility, "Failed to establish data socket" (ReuseSSLData) - Enables TLS Resumption compatibility (symptom: SSL error after attempting to establish the data socket with the remote server)
- #11329, Enabling Workspaces for external users on CAC-authenticated Site (AllowNonCACUsers)
- #11332: Specify the SAML digest algorithm (SAMLSSODigestAlgo) - Specify the SAML digest algorithm
- #11333: Specify maximum timeout for multipart upload (MultipartUploadSessionTimeoutSecs) - Specify maximum time any section of a multipart upload can go without server receiving more info
- #11337, Creating a symbolic link to a network share for EFT shared config (SharedConfigurationPath)
- #11338, IBM Sterling "SFTP Client Get Service" pulls incomplete files from EFT server (SFTPOutQueueBytesLimit)
- #11358, Error 255: The extended attributes are inconsistent. After installation of EFT, EFT Service will not start (Config)
- #11360, Specifying a Temporary Folder for AS2 Transfers (Config "AS2TempFolderPath" = path)
- #11361, Registry Settings for EFT Accelerate module (AccelConnectionTimeout, AccelFileSizeThresholds, AccelSLLConnectMaxHandshakeAttempts, AccelSSLConnectTimeBetweenHandshakeAttemptsInMs)
- #11366, OSCP Stapling Cache Timeout (OCSPStaplingCacheTimeoutSec)
- #11368,Can I prevent LDAP User from being Synchronized Until They Log In? (IgnoreNeverLoggedInLDAPUsers)
- #11369, Set the OpenPGP cipher algorithm (PGPEncryptingAlgorithm, AutoSelectPGPCiphers)
- #11374, Specify OpenPGP compression method (PGPCompressionMethod)
- #11383, Clients uploading thousands of files/folders to EFT can be adversely affect the performance and stability of the server (FileSystemItemThreshold)
- #11384, Workspace invitation sender's email address (WSInviteFromAddrUseOwnerEmail)
- #11385, Ignore Modify date/time command in FTP/S and SFTP to prevent users from modifying date/timestamp of files (FTPDiscardClientTimestamp, SFTPDiscardClientTimestamp)
- #11386, Prevent the password confirmation email from being sent when a user is not authorized to reset the password (PreventPasswordRestUnauthorizedEmail)
- #11387, EFT server service randomly crashes after upgrading (LimitscClientBundle) - related to scClient
- #11391, Registry settings for HA server drain and coherence (DrainingTimeoutSecs, ClusterOutOfSyncHealSecs, ClusterCoherenceQueueMsmqType, ClusterCoherenceQueueDetectPrivateIP)
The instructions below are provided only as a reminder for advanced users.
If you are not experienced with editing the Registry, please ask your system or network administrator for assistance.
To backup the registry
- Click Start, then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- In the Open box, type regedit, then press ENTER. The Registry Editor appears.
- Do one of the following:
- To backup the entire registry, click My Computer.
- To backup a specific group of keys or a specific key, click the folder or key.
- On the main menu, click File, then click Export. The Export Registry File dialog box appears.
- Specify a name and location for the file, then click Save. The export process begins.
If you are exporting the entire registry, it can take a few minutes, and the file size can be up to 100 MB or more. If you are exporting just one key, the file size is approximately 1 KB.
- After you edit the registry, if you are experiencing problems caused by editing the registry, you can import the backed up file:
- On the main menu, click File, then click Import. The Import Registry File dialog box appears.
- Click the .reg file to import, then click Open. The import process begins. If you are importing the entire registry, it can take a few minutes.
To create a .reg file
- In a text editor, such as Notepad, type or paste the following text on the first line:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- On the second line, type or paste the key path. For example, type:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GlobalSCAPE Inc.\EFT Server 4.0\EventRules]
- On the third line, type or paste the name of the key and the value (DWORD) for the key. For example, type:
(include quotation marks)
- Close the file and save it with a .reg extension. For example, type:
- Double-click the file and follow the prompts to install the key into the registry. If you receive an error, open the file to verify the information was typed correctly. The .reg file can be transported to and used on other computers.
To create the key manually
- Click Start, then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- In the Open box, type regedit, then press ENTER. The Registry Editor appears.
- Expand the My Computer node, the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE node, and the SOFTWARE node to find the GlobalSCAPE nodes.
- Click the applicable GlobalSCAPE node (as described below), then right-click it, point to New, then click Key. This makes a new folder under the GlobalSCAPE node.
- Type a name for the key based on the instructions below, then press ENTER.
- Right-click the key, point to New, then click DWORD Value.
- Type a name for the DWORD value based on the instructions below, then press ENTER.
- Double-click the DWORD. The Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears.
- In the Value data box, type an integer, based on the instructions below, then click OK.
- Close the registry, then restart the Server service.
Some of the keys should be created in the EFT Server 3.0 folder, and some should be created in the EFT Server 4.0 folder. Do NOT change the path to match your version of EFT Server.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!