If you do not already own a license for CuteSITE Builder 5 then you should not install it or attempt an upgrade. CuteSITE Builder has been discontinued and no further upgrades are available. If you convert your Web site data file to CuteSITE Builder 5 format, you cannot return it to CuteSITE Builder 3 or 4 format. You will need to restore it from a previously saved backup.
If you have a CuteSITE Builder 5 registration serial number and were previously using CuteSITE Builder 3 or 4, then it is important to backup your existing Web site data file and your host settings prior to the upgrade.
Follow the steps below to upgrade from CuteSITE Builder 3 or 4 to CuteSITE Builder 5.
- Backup your existing Web site data file.
Backup your Host Setup.
- Start CuteSITE Builder and open your existing Web site.
- On the File menu, click Save As and then save your Web site to the My Documents folder using a new name. (Saving with a new name compacts the file and removes excess space.)
In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs, select CuteSITE Builder and then click Remove.
Download the most recent release of CuteSITE Builder 5 from the CuteSITE Builder Support Center and save it to your desktop.
- On the File menu, click Publish Web Site then click Options.
- On the Host Setup tab click Modify.
- Record all of the FTP site details shown. Either save a screenshot or write down all of the FTP site publishing information. This information will need to be re-entered once the upgrade is complete.
- Close CuteSITE Builder.
- Advanced users may wish to export this information from the registry. To do so, follow these steps. (Using Registry Editor is not recommended for most users. Proceed at your own risk.)
- From Windows, click Start, click Run and type regedit.
- Click OK to start Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GlobalSCAPE\CuteSITE Builder 3.0\WPProviders\OtherHost
- Right-click Otherhost, click Export and then save the selected branch to a convenient place.
- Close Registry Editor.
Double-click the setup file downloaded in Step 4 and follow the onscreen instructions to install CuteSITE Builder 5.
Before publishing your Web site for the first time with CuteSITE Builder 5, your Host setup will need to be configured with the information recorded in Step 2 above.
- Start CuteSITE Builder 5 and open your Web site.
- You will be prompted to convert your Web site to CuteSITE Builder 5 format. You must click Yes to use CuteSITE Builder 5 with your existing Web site file.
- On the File menu, click Configure Web Site and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- If the Host setup details were previously exported from the registry, then double-click the saved .reg file to import your details into the registry automatically.
Welcome to CuteSITE Builder 5!