THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
How can I point EFT Server's configuration (.cfg) file to an alternate location?
The following steps involve editing the Windows registry on the server computer. Incorrectly editing the registry can severely damage your system. These instructions are intended for the advanced user who is prepared to both edit and restore the registry. You should backup the registry on the EFT Server computer before editing it.
By default, EFT Server uses the configuration file (FTP.CFG) in its installation directory. In EFT Server 4.0.8 and later, you can create the registry key below to override the location of the FTP.CFG file. (Create the key exactly as described below. If the node does not yet exist, create it.) When this key is present, FTP.CFG is loaded from the path specified in the registry instead of the default. This feature was added to assist with multiple nodes using the same configuration, such as active/passive configurations.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GlobalSCAPE Inc.\EFT Server 4.0\Config
For example, if you want EFT Server to use the CFG file at G:\Configs\EFT\FTP.cfg, you would create the following registry value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GlobalSCAPE Inc.\EFT Server 4.0\Config\Path="G:\Configs\EFT\"
Include the trailing backslash and quotes around the path.
You can also use UNC paths. The EFT Server service must run under an account that has access (NTFS) to the specified resource. (For instance, if it is logging in as LocalSystem and the CFG file is not saved to the shared drive.)
To change the location of the EFT Server configuration file in the Registry
- Click Start, then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- In the Open box, type regedit, then press ENTER. The Registry Editor appears.
- Expand the My Computer node, the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE node, and the SOFTWARE node to find the GlobalSCAPE nodes.
- Click the GlobalSCAPE Inc. node. (Create it if it does not yet exist.)
- Right-click the node, point to New, then click Key. This makes a new folder under the GlobalSCAPE Inc. node.
- Name the key/folder EFT Server 4.0, then press ENTER.
- Right-click the new key, point to New, then click DWORD Value.
- Name the DWORD value Config, then press ENTER.
- Double-click the DWORD. The Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears.
- In the Value data box, type Path= and the path to the configuration file surrounded by quotes. e.g., type:
- Click OK.
- Close the registry, then restart the EFT Server service.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!