THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- EFT version 6.3 and later
- EFT v4.x to v7.4.x stores advanced properties in the registry.
- EFT v8.x stores Advanced Properties in a JSON file.
- When you upgrade from EFT v7.4.x to EFT v8, the non-default settings that you have defined in the registry will be added to the Advanced Properties file during upgrade. (Default settings are part of the EFT configuration files.)
Please refer to the EFT help for a spreadsheet of advanced properties for your version of EFT.
The registry value described below can be used to set the login type that the Folder Monitor will use to monitor remote folders. The default login type method is interactive, but a non-interactive login type may be needed to monitor remote folders that are part of a different domain, or if EFT Server is not part of a domain at all.
- When interactive is selected, EFT Server uses the following parameters: LOGON32_LOGON_INTERACTIVE and LOGON32_PROVIDER_DEFAULT
- When non-interactive is selected, EFT Server uses the following parameters: LOGON32_LOGON_NEW_CREDENTIALS and LOGON32_PROVIDER_WINNT50
An EFT Server service restart is not needed after adding this registry entry, because the key is read whenever a folder monitor is created; however, you must stop and restart the Folder Monitor Event Rule.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\GlobalSCAPE Inc.\EFT Server 4.0\EventRules
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\GlobalSCAPE Inc.\EFT Server 4.0\EventRules