THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- Secure FTP Server version 3.x
- EFT Server version 6.2
You can upgrade Secure FTP Server version 3.x to EFT Server basic or Enterprise version 6.x. This article discusses upgrading to version 6.2, which has improved capabilities for using an Oracle ODBC database.
NOTE: Versions of Secure FTP Server prior to version 3 cannot be upgraded directly to EFT Server; however, you can upgrade Secure FTP Server to version 3 first, then upgrade to EFT Server version 6.x. If you have purchased a license for Secure FTP Server - FIPS, you can upgrade to EFT Server (base) with the add-on High Security module (HSM).
Before You Upgrade
The instructions below describe how to prepare your database BEFORE you upgrade. After you have prepared your database for the upgrade, refer to Upgrading the Software in the EFT Server online help.
To upgrade Secure FTP Server 3 with Oracle ODBC
- Upgrade the database to Oracle 10g or 11g.
- Install the appropriate Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC). (If necessary, refer to http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odpnet/index.html to download the applicable version.)
- During ODAC setup, select the Oracle Provider for OLE DB and Oracle Objects for OLE.
- Use the following connection string (replace the Xs with the appropriate data):
Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1; Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=XXXXXX)));Persist Security Info=true;User Id=XXX;Password=XXX
- After the database is upgraded and working, perform the upgrade to EFT Server.