THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- EFT Server v5.x and v6.0.x
If you are upgrading to v6.1.x or later, you do NOT need to perform this procedure.
Can I use my SFTP keys that were generated by EFT Server v5 in EFT Server v6.0.x?
Yes. However, SSH FIPS functionality will not be available after performing this procedure.
To use EFT Server v5's SFTP keys in EFT Server v6.0.x
- In the Windows Services dialog box, stop the EFT Server service.
- Navigate to the folder where EFT Server is installed (By default, C:\Program Files\GlobalSCAPE\EFT Server Enterprise).
- Create a folder called sftp_fips_backup.
- Move sftp.dll and cryptopp.dll to the new folder, sftp_fips_backup.
- Download sftp.zip and extract it to the EFT Server installation folder.
- Start the EFT Server Service.
To restore the SSH FIPS functionality (making your EFT Server v5 keys unusable)
- Stop the EFT Server service and copy the contents of sftp_fips_backup into the EFT Server installation folder. Restoring the backed up files will once again cause EFT 5 keys to be unusable.
To create new SFTP keys in EFT Server v6.0.x, refer to http://help.globalscape.com/help/eft6/Creating_an_SSH_Key_Pair.htm for the procedure.