THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- Secure FTP Server - FIPS, version 3.x
FIPS will not allow HTTPS connections to the server using Internet Explorer 6. (Internet Explorer 7.0 does not experience this issue.)
TLS 1.0 is the only valid protocol for use in FIPS mode, so it must be enabled. By default, Internet Explorer 6.0 has the TLS 1.0 protocol disabled.
This issue is being addressed in a future version of Secure FTP Server - FIPS. In the meantime, if you need to use Internet Explorer 6, you can download and install a customized SSL.dll file and use the procedure below to configure Internet Explorer 6 to allow TLS 1.0.
To enable TLS 1.0 in Internet Explorer
- On the main menu, click Tools, then click Internet Options. The Internet Options dialog box appears.
- Click the Advanced Tab.
- Scroll down to the Security area and select the Use TLS 1.0 check box.
- Click Apply to save the changes, then click OK to close the dialog box.
To install the customized SSL.dll
- In the Secure FTP Server - FIPS installation folder (by default, C:\Program Files\GlobalSCAPE\Secure FTP Server), make a backup copy of your SSL.dll file.
- Download the custom version of SSL.dll
- Unzip the file and copy SLL.dll into the installation folder.
- Restart the Server.