THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- CuteFTP® Home version 6
- CuteFTP Pro® version 6
The following error message occurs at run time when you are trying to uninstall, repair, or update an installation:
Error 1628: Failed to complete script based install.
There are three possible causes, all of which have to do with the Windows Installer system component.
POSSIBLE CAUSE 1
The uninstallation log file is corrupt.
Follow these steps to open Windows Task Manager and end the IDriver.exe process:
- On your keyboard, press CTRL + ALT + DEL and then click Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab find idriver.exe, select it and then click End Process.
- Close Windows Task Manager and run the CuteFTP setup file again.
POSSIBLE CAUSE 2
There is a conflict between one or more files in the Windows Temp folder and the files used by the installer.
Follow the steps below to delete the contents of the Windows Temp folder.
- Close all open programs.
- Start Windows Explorer and navigate to your Windows Temp folder. (There may be more than one Windows Temp folder being used on your computer. For example at C:\WINDOWS\Temp or at C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temp)
- Delete all of the files and folders in your Windows Temp folder.
- When finished, restart your computer and run the CuteFTP setup file again.
POSSIBLE CAUSE 3
Windows Installer is not properly configured on your computer or a more recent version of Windows Installer is required.
See the following Microsoft knowledge base article for further instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175
When finished, restart your computer and run the CuteFTP setup file again.