THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
- CuteFTP Pro® (All Versions)
- CuteFTP® Home (All Versions)
I am unable to save new site information in the Site Manager. When I close the program and restart it, all new information is lost.
The specific entries you put into the Site Manager are kept in a file named sm.dat. If the Read-only attribute for that file is somehow set in the Windows file system, then the result is that new entries cannot be written to the file. The most common fix is to simply change the file attribute so that you can write to the file.
To change the file attributes
- Search your computer for the file named sm.dat.
- Right click on the file name and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, in the Attributes section, clear the Read-only check box and then click OK.
Note: Depending on your operating system the path to the CuteFTP Site Manager file may differ somewhat.
- In Windows XP, the file that contains your private Site Manager data is stored by default at:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP(or CuteFTP Pro)\VERSION\SM.DAT
- In Windows Vista, the file that contains your private Site Manager data is stored by default at:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\GlobalSCAPE\CuteFTP(or CuteFTP Pro)\VERSION\SM.DAT