THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO:
If you get an error similar to "Could not start the EFT Server service on Local Computer" there may be a minor problem in your registry.
To start the EFT Server service
Caution: The following steps involve editing the Windows registry on the server computer. Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. These instructions are intended for the advanced user who is prepared to both edit and restore the registry. We recommend that you backup the registry on the server computer before proceeding.
- Open the Registry Editor (e.g, click Start, then type regedit in the Search box.)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EFT Server. (Or \EFT Server Enterprise)
- Click the right pane, double-click ImagePath. The Edit String dialog box appears.
- In the Value Data box, add quotation marks before and after the path to the EFT Server service executable (cftpstes.exe). By default, the path is: "C:\Program Files\GlobalSCAPE\EFT Server\cftpstes.exe".
- Click OK, then close the Registry Editor. EFT Server should restart.